1. Call the Alberta Teachers’ Association
and ask for Teacher Qualifications Services. Your number should be on file with us if you have applied for a statement of qualifications or if you’ve had an evaluation of your teaching qualifications.
2. Request it from your employer
Your employing school jurisdiction will have your teaching certificate number on file, but may or may not provide it to you upon request.
3. Go through the Alberta Education Teacher Registry Self-Service
Alberta Education will not provide teaching certificate numbers over the phone. Instead, the department requests you follow these directions to obtain your number through the Alberta Education Teacher Registry Self-Service:
• If you have already registered with Alberta Education Teacher Registry Self-Service: login using your unique reference number to retrieve your certificate number.
• If you have not already registered for Teacher Self-Service, please note that it takes up to two working days. Teachers can visit www.education.alberta.ca
and query Teacher Self-Service to register.
• If you have lost or misplaced your Alberta teaching certificate, you will be required to register for Teacher Self-Service to request a duplicate copy of your certificate. Please note that there is a fee of $25.00 payable to the Government of Alberta for a duplicate certificate.
• Note that through Teacher Self-Service, a teacher can apply for certification, request a duplicate certificate or statement of standing, and update their personal information.