Our Best World Teachers’ Day Ever
The Alberta Teachers’ Association will be using this World Teachers’ Day to mark the end of its 100th anniversary celebration—and everyone is invited to join us in making it the best one ever!
How can you help make this the #bestWTDever?
From now until October 5
- Let a teacher (past or present) know how much you appreciate them with a custom card! Scroll down to the “Shareables” section to print and personalize. If you are a teacher, give one to a special colleague or mentor!
- Share on social media how a special teacher has impacted your life. Use #bestWTDever, and don’t forget to tag @albertateachers!
- Use our shareables to make your posts extra special.
- Check out our new Faces of Education campaign and consider making a Pledge for Public Education.
- Join us at 10 AM on the grounds of the Alberta Legislature as we conclude the ATA 100th anniversary celebrations with the dedication of a special sculpture to the people of Alberta years. Click here to view the program.
- View the dedication ceremony live on Facebook if you can’t be with us—the dedication is to you, after all!
- The City of Edmonton will be lighting up the High Level Bridge in spectacular ATA blue and yellow. If you can’t admire it in person, we’ll be sharing our pics, so check us out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About World Teachers’ Day
World Teachers’ Day was established in 1994 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Its purpose then and today is to focus attention on the contributions and achievements of teachers, and to highlight teachers’ concerns and priorities regarding education.
October 5 was selected as the date to internationally celebrate World Teachers’ Day because on that date in 1966 a special intergovernmental conference adopted the UNESCO recommendation concerning the status of teachers. This recommendation gave teachers all over the world an instrument that defines their responsibilities and asserts their rights. In adopting this recommendation, governments unanimously recognized the importance for society to have competent, qualified and motivated teachers.
Thank you card
Choose the full-colour version or colour your own! This card prints out on one sheet of paper: just fold it in half twice, ensuring the “Happy World Teachers’ Day” message is on the front. There’s room on the inside for you to write a personal message to your chosen teacher.
Twitter - jpg
Facebook - jpg
Poster - Double sided, Eng/Fr