To connect physical literacy with the natural world, try this family nature scavenger hunt.
- Identify 5 different colours. ❍❍❍❍❍
- Find 2 things to balance on. ❍❍
- Find something to crawl under. ❍
- Find 3 things to jump over. ❍❍❍
- Find 2 things that are smooth to touch. ❍❍
- Find 2 things that are rough to touch. ❍❍
- Find 3 things that smell different. ❍❍❍
- Find 3 different kinds of bugs. ❍❍❍
- Find something you think is beautiful. ❍
- How many different kinds of birds can you find?
- Look under rocks — can you find anything?
- Pick up a piece of litter and put it in the garbage
when you leave. ❍
Take pictures of all your findings and share with other friends and family!
Source: Be Fit for Life Network
All these articles—plus two bonus ones—
are available online at www.teachers.ab.ca
(click on Publications>The Learning Team).