The ATA News invites you to get your camera out and start shooting those award-winning photographs.
GOTCHA! Contest rules
1. Photos taken by active and associate ATA members of education- or school-related activities are eligible. (Hint: photos depicting action are best.)
2. Entries must be submitted by the member who took the photos.
3. Photos taken between September 1, 2016, and May 15, 2017, are eligible.
4. Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on May 15, 2017.
5. Each entry must be accompanied by a description of the activity; the names (if possible) of the people in the photo; the date when the photo was taken; and the photographer’s name, school and contact information.
Cash prizes will be awarded to entrants whose photos place in the top three, as follows.
First place: $200
Second place: $100
Third place: $50
6. Each winner will also receive a certificate of merit, as will those receiving honourable mention.
7. Up to 20 additional entries may be selected for an award of honourable mention.
8. Each entrant may submit up to five photos but no entrant can win more than one top-three prize.
9. A panel of individuals with photography, publishing and teaching experience will judge the entries. The decision of the judges is final.
10. Winning photographs will be published in the ATA News.
11. Photos submitted for the contest may be published in the ATA News, the ATA Magazine or other Association publications.
12. Please read carefully. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification.