The Alberta Teachers’ Association is encouraging its members to answer the call if they are selected for a telephone survey being conducted by Alberta Education.
The ministry is currently conducting its annual stakeholder satisfaction telephone surveys to collect public, employer and other stakeholder perceptions of Alberta’s education system.
The purpose of the survey is to determine stakeholders’ satisfaction with
- the overall quality of the education system;
- the education system meeting the needs of students and supporting our society and the economy;
- schools providing a safe and caring environment for students;
- preparation of students for lifelong learning, employment and active citizenship;
- the education system having effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- leadership and continuous improvement of the education system;
- knowledge, skills and abilities of recent high school graduates; and
- facilities and equipment in the education system.
Taking place from March 10 until the end of April, the surveys gather responses from random samples of parents, the general public, business and industry (employers of recent high school graduates), high school students, teachers, principals, superintendents, and school board trustees in the province.
The total number of completed surveys will be more than 7,000, ensuring that survey results for each of the 11 respondent groups are statistically representative. The survey responses are completely confidential and only aggregate data will be reported.
The survey helps the ministry identify areas of strength and areas needing improvement, thus helping provide a more effective and accountable education system. Some survey results are also used in specific business plan performance measures and will be reported in the ministry’s 2015–16 annual report.
A summary of the information resulting from the survey will be posted on the ministry’s website. Last year’s survey instruments and survey results are available at www.education.alberta.ca/admin/resources/satisfaction.aspx.
Questions about the survey can be directed to Jim Peck, senior manager of the corporate planning branch, at 780-422-1963 (dial 310-0000 first for toll-free access in Alberta) or firstname.lastname@example.org. ❚