Five important things about the 2021 PEC election
1. Your vote is your voice.
The election of teachers to Provincial Executive Council (PEC) enables Alberta Teachers’ Association members to have their say in who will represent them on important issues affecting the teaching profession and public education in Alberta. Your vote helps maintain a strong, relevant and inspired teaching profession.
2. Online voting instructions were mailed on Feb. 16.
Election voting will be conducted online. To ensure that all members are aware of how to vote, the Association is sending to each school in the province (with three or more teachers) a package containing one set of instructions to every teacher at that location.
3. Every teacher can vote in this election – even if there isn’t a race in their district.
This year, there is a race for vice-president, so every active and associate member can vote for up to two representatives that they think are best suited for this role.
Additionally, some teachers can also vote for district representatives. If you work in any of the following school divisions, be aware of the candidates in your district.
- Calgary School Division
- Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School Division
- Chinook’s Edge School Division
- Clearview School Division
- Red Deer Catholic Separate School Division
- Red Deer School Division
- Wolf Creek School Division
- Elk Island Catholic Separate School Division
- Elk Island Public School Division
- Greater St. Albert Roman Catholic Separate School Division
- St. Albert School Division
- Sturgeon School Division
- Edmonton Catholic Separate School Division
- Edmonton School Division
- Fort McMurray School Division
- Fort McMurray Roman Catholic Separate School Division
4. Candidates have uploaded their campaign videos to the ATA website.
Get to know your candidates by heading to www.teachers.ab.ca and visiting the PEC election section. You can read their bios, watch their campaign videos and get links to their websites or social media pages.
5. More election resources are available at www.teachers.ab.ca.
The Association website (www.teachers.ab.ca) contains information on all aspects of the 2021 PEC election and even has a “Promote” section where you can find various shareable graphics and information ready for posting and tweeting. ❚
BE READY TO VOTE ONLINE
An online ATA account is a must! If you don’t yet have one, go to ATA homepage > My ATA > Online ATA Account. View the demo, set up your account and get ready to vote!
HOW TO VOTE!
Log in to your online ATA account at www.teachers.ab.ca.
Click anywhere on the VOTE HERE graphic.
Provide the information requested.
Click the declaration box.
NOTE: The demographic information you confirm when you declare your eligibility will determine the geographic region represented on your ballot. Ensure the information submitted is accurate, as it cannot be changed once submitted.
Select your candidate(s) and submit your online ballot.
NOTE: The 2021 PEC Election site is controlled and operated by a third party. Be sure to review the candidates you select before clicking the “Submit Vote” button.