The ATA News invites you to get your camera out and start shooting those award-winning photographs.
1st place: $200 2nd place: $100 3rd place: $50
GOTCHA! Contest rules
- Photos taken by active and associate ATA members of education- or school-related activities are eligible. (Hint: photos depicting action are best.)
- Entries must be submitted by the member who took the photos.
- Photos taken between Sept. 1, 2020, and May 15, 2021, are eligible.
- Please email photos to email@example.com. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on May 15, 2021.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a description of the activity; the names (if possible) of the people in the photo; the date when the photo was taken; and the photographer’s name, school and contact information.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to entrants whose photos place in the top three, as follows. First place: $200; second place: $100 and third place: $50
- Each winner will also receive a certificate of merit, as will those receiving honourable mention.
- Up to 20 additional entries may be selected for an award of honourable mention.
- Each entrant may submit up to five photos but no entrant can win more than one top-three prize.
- A panel of individuals with photography, publishing and teaching experience will judge the entries. The decision of the judges is final.
- Winning photographs will be published in the ATA News.
- Photos submitted for the contest may be published in the ATA News, the ATA Magazine or other Association publications.
- Please read carefully. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification.