“If you believe your class sizes are unreasonable, then we need to have that story shared,”
said ATA president
Class size and complexity is still a very real issue in Alberta, and provincial politicians need to hear teachers’ stories.
Teachers are encouraged to fill out the advocacy postcards that have been sent to their schools with their classroom information and share it with their local MLA.
To order more postcards, email your request to the ATA’s distribution office at email@example.com.
Send a message to your MLA
There are many ways that teachers can deliver the message to MLAs:
- Call the constituency office and set up a meeting.
- Drop the card off with constituency office staff.
- Collect a bunch of cards from colleagues and have one person drop them off.
- Take a selfie or photo of the card and send it by e-mail.
- Take a selfie or photo of the card and share on social media (tag your MLA).
Read more about class size and complexity
Editorial: Class size campaign strikes a nerve
Editorial: Send a message to your MLA about class size
New campaign takes on class size and complexity