ATA Specialist Council Conference Grants ($500)
Each year, the Trust awards a number of grants to help defray the costs associated with attending an ATA specialist council conference. Eligible expenses include registration, accommodation, fuel and food. Only expenses not covered by other grants will be considered for compensation. Application forms will be posted in May.
To qualify for a grant, applicants must
- register or plan to register for an ATA specialist council conference.
- take full advantage of other sources of funding available.
- not be a conference organizer.
- not have received a Trust bursary or grant in the past three years.
- have completed and submitted to the ATA Educational Trust by September 30 a grant application form. (Only one form will be accepted from any applicant.)
In October, the names of all eligible applicants are entered into a draw and a set number of names are selected at random. School jurisdictions, ATA locals and specialist councils are notified of the results. The September 30 deadline is strictly applied. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Successful candidates will receive a claim form in October. Once they have attended the conference, they will need to submit the form along with original receipts for the expenses incurred.
Download application form (PDF)
More about ATA Educational Trust