In the Association's view, the role of the administrator is to facilitate teaching and learning by acting as
- an educational leader who helps develop, promote and maintain a shared vision for the school community;
- an instructional leader who supports and ensures high-quality teaching;
- a decision maker who is responsible for establishing a collaborative decision-making model for the school;
- a manager who is responsible for organizing and operating the school to ensure a safe, effective and efficient learning environment;
- an advocate who promotes the school and public education in the community; and
- a colleague who works with teachers to provide an educational culture conducive to student learning and professional growth.