Educational Technology Council
There are no upcoming conferences currently scheduled.
The objective of the Educational Technology Council (ETC) of the Alberta Teachers’ Association is to support teachers in using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
The ETC is committed to providing service, support, professional development and recognition for its members through teamwork, effective communication and an excellent annual conference. The ETC provides its membership with
- service and support through professional development opportunities;
- effective communication through an informative newsletter, listserv and dynamic website; and
- an authoritative voice on behalf of the teaching profession through the advocacy of sound educational policies relating to information and communication technology infusion and emerging technologies.
In addition, the ETC offers two awards to experienced teachers:
- The Innovative Computer Project Grant, which supports innovative projects involving technology in education
- The Edna Dach Educator of the Year Award, which recognizes an outstanding teacher in the field of educational technology
The ETC publishes the Bits and Bytes e-newsletter.
Contact information for the executive members of the Educational Technology Council is provided to assist the ATA in conducting its professional and business affairs.
Educational Technology CouncilCouncil Executive