Barnett House, The Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA) Edmonton office, is located at 11010 142 street T5N 2R1. It has meeting facilities for groups ranging in size from 10 to 400 people with a variety of catering options.
The ATA reserves the right to change, cancel or reassign meeting rooms based on the needs of the Association in the unlikely event that a meeting room is cancelled all together, the ATA will make reasonable efforts to find another venue for your meeting.
Groups outside of the ATA requesting a meeting space must place a catering order.
Buffet items will be displayed for a maximum of two hours at any function to ensure the quality and integrity of the product, unless otherwise stated in the catering brochure.
Orders for products that are not part of our standard catering brochure are subject to availability and may cost considerably more than expected. The best value is from selections in our catering brochure as they are listed.
Our in-house audio-visual equipment is available for rent. Please ensure that you request and make arrangements to test functionality to suit your presentation needs a week or more before you function.
Complimentary guest parking is available in Visitor Parking. Please follow signage indicating where to park, as enforcement is carried out through our bylaw officers.
The facility is smoke free, including all entrances and the courtyard. Smoking is only permitted in the designated area outside the building.
The ATA is not responsible for the loss or damage of items left in the facility. Personal effects and equipment must be removed at the end of the function.
Bar service is governed by Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) regulations, and no outside liquor is permitted.
All décor must not deface or damage the facility including the use of adhesives, tacks, staples or tape. Confetti or similar décor may not be used, and any cost to clean up or repair will be billed to the client accordingly.
Functions with a DJ or live music are subject to a SOCAN fee and ReSound fee.
Please send inquiries and meeting room requests to email@example.com.
External Meeting Room Booking Form
View the catering menu
View the weekly cafeteria specials
ATA Food Services Policy
Placing an order
- To order menus and à la carte items in this brochure, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To order a custom menu or for assistance with large banquets and special meeting requests, contact email@example.com or call 780-447-9400 ext. 681.
Order deadline and billing
- You must place your order by 10 am of the Tuesday the week before your function.
- If you order after the above deadline, your menu options may be decided by the food services and facilities manager.
- You will be billed for actual, confirmed or minimum numbers, whichever is greater.
- All prices are per person.
Changing or cancelling an order
- We will try to accommodate changes after the order deadline.
- Cancellations of confirmed events will be subject to a charge of
a) up to 100 per cent of the total value of the function booked if cancelled within 48 hours or
b) up to 50 per cent of the total value of the function booked if cancelled within seven days. Cancellations received more than one week before the event will not be charged.
Groups of 20 or more
- Groups of 20 or more must order set menus from the catering brochure; order-and-charge-it plan below is not possible.
Groups of fewer than 20 "order-and-charge-it" plan
- Groups of fewer than 20 have the option of eating in the cafeteria for a flat rate of $16.50 per person per meal and choosing any food or beverage they want.
- Order-and-charge-it plan participants must identify their group name to the cashier in lieu of payment.
- Tables in the cafeteria will be identified and reserved for the group.
- The order-and-charge-it plan must be ordered when booking a meeting room and will be invoiced as per any other catering and room rentals.
Special meals to accommodate people with dietary restrictions
- Meals to accommodate people with dietary restrictions are provided at no additional charge if we receive information regarding the restriction and the person’s name by the order deadline.
- Orders received after the deadline will be accommodated as much as possible, but they will be charges as additional meals.
- Due to licensing requirements and health regulations, ALL food and beverage served on ATA premises must be supplied and prepared by ATA Food Services.
- Customers are not allowed to take away any leftover food or beverages.