The Alberta Teachers’ Association, as the professional organization of teachers, promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
This position provides support and works collaboratively with members of the Professional Development (PD) team. Reporting to the supervisor in PD, this position provides comprehensive administrative support to executive and professional staff in both French and English; is responsible for supporting a number of PD programs, projects and initiatives; assists in maintaining and managing information; and completes special projects and other duties as assigned. Specific duties include
- Producing, editing and distributing committee, conference, workshop, seminar and/or meeting materials, reports, addenda and correspondence;
- Maintaining Association standards in the production of documents and materials;
- Assisting staff in preparing and editing documentation for presentation;
- Scheduling appointments, making travel and hotel arrangements and booking meeting rooms;
- Maintaining accurate filing systems and records as required;
- Opening incoming mail and action accordingly;
- Assisting with the general organization of the program area as assigned;
- Answering and screening phone calls and entering information into databases; and
- Assisting at conference sites as required.
- Completion of a related certificate and a minimum of three years’ administrative experience with demonstrated accuracy in keyboarding, proofreading, spelling, punctuation and grammar;
- Bilingual in both written and spoken French and English is required;
- Experience dealing with difficult and sensitive situations and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments, as well as work well under pressure within tight, conflicting timelines;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Commitment to continuous professional development;
- Intermediate abilities in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required; and
- Experience with Alinity is an asset.
Salary: This position offers a competitive starting salary of $29,104 to a maximum of $36,440 (after 3 years) plus a full range of employer-paid benefits.
Hours of Work: 17.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your cover letter and resume in one attachment, along with the names and telephone numbers of two business references to Connor Poon, HR Administrator by email to HR@ata.ab.ca. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.