Enter the 2012 ATA News Gotcha! Photo Contest
Gotcha! Photo Contest rules
- Photos taken by ATA members and associate members of education- or school-related activities are eligible. Photos depicting action are best.
- Entries must be submitted by the teachers who took them.
- Awards will be given for best photo—first and second place. Honourable mentions will also be awarded.
- Each entrant may submit up to five photos. Prints must not exceed 5 x 7 inches in size. All entries must be unmounted. Don’t send slides or instant photos. Digital photos are welcome. The file size should be about 4 mb or 5 x 7 inches at 300 dpi. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos taken between September 1, 2011, and May 18, 2012, are eligible.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a description of the activity, the names (if possible) of the people in the photo and the date when the photo was taken. Please provide this information on a separate sheet of paper. Do not write on the back of photos or attach anything to the front.
- Don’t forget to include your name, school, and school and home phone numbers.
- Send your entry to the ATA News Gotcha! Photo Contest, 11010 142 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5N 2R1. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on May 18, 2012.
- A panel of individuals with photography and teaching experience will judge the entries.
- First- and second-place winners will receive certificates of merit. The decision of the judges is final.
- Winning photographs will be published in The ATA News.
- Photos may be published in The ATA News, The ATA Magazine or other Association publications.
- Read carefully. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification.
- Get snapping and good luck!