The John Mazurek Memorial—Morgex Insurance Scholarship is sponsored by Morgex Insurance. It consists of $2,500 to be used for an approved professional development course or part of an organized program of study in the field of business education and/or the use of computer technology in education from a recognized Canadian public institution.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Hold a permanent Alberta teaching certificate and have completed at least five years of successful teaching in Alberta.
- At the time of application, be at the highest level of membership possible (active, if the applicant is eligible for active membership, or associate, if the applicant does not qualify for active membership) and have been at the highest possible level of membership for at least five years.
- The area of study must focus on business education and/or the use of computer technology in education.
- Not have received a John Mazurek Memorial—Morgex Insurance Scholarship in the past.
- Be an Association member in good standing.
In selecting scholarship recipients the Association takes into account these factors:
- The applicability of the area of study to business education and/or the use of computer technology in education,
- The applicant’s contribution to the Association,
- The applicant's contribution to public education, and
- Exemplary teaching practice in the K-12 public education system in Alberta.
The Association's Scholarship Subcommittee reviews the applications and selects a potential recipient. In early April, the committee forwards the name to Provincial Executive Council, which makes the final decision.
The John Mazurek Memorial—Morgex Insurance Scholarship is awarded when the recipient provides the Association with written evidence that he or she has registered in the course(s).
Applying for the John Mazurek—Morgex Insurance ScholarshipTop of page
- Obtain and complete the John Mazurek—Morgex Insurance Scholarship Application Form. Faxed or
e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Obtain all necessary documentation. The specific documentation required for each award is detailed at the end of the application form.
- Mail or deliver the application form, along with all required documentation, to the following address by the close of business on February 29, 2016:
The Scholarship Subcommittee
The Alberta Teachers' Association
11010 142 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5N 2R1
To be considered, applications must be received by February 29, 2016.
For Further InformationTop of page
For further information, contact Mardi Veinot, administrative officer, Scholarship Subcommittee at 780-447-9470 or 1-800-232-7208. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.